Friday, July 31, 2009

one last, and very affirming village trip!

I took a spontaneous trip to one last village before returning to Yaounde! And, it was perhaps the highlight of all my time in the NW.

I have come away from this quick visit realizing that if I pursue linguistics, I'm going for phonetics ... and perhaps even phonology (I LOVE the early stages of language projects!).

I have also come away with my most interesting offer of marriage (remind me, and I'll tell you the story when I return), as well as my most interesting travel experiences (again, a story better saved for in person)!

Not to mention ... I'm beginning to feel quite at home in Cameroun:)

1 comment:

  1. Stacey, Sounds like your last village experience was memorable.I'm thankful for your safe travels,for the experinces with linguistic work..... and very thankful that you are still single. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete